Which interests you the most?
- Reducing Brain Fog
- Stimulating Fat Loss
- Increasing Energy
- All of the above
Please comment at the end of the article on which one of these is the most important to you!
And keep reading to find out how elevated ketones may give you these benefits and more.
If you already know the many benefits of taking ketones and don’t have time to read my entire article, then click here to start your ketone experience.
For those of you who want to read more, you can read the entire Prüvit review or click on the section that interests you the most.
- 1 What do you do to stay healthy?
- 2 What are exogenous ketones?
- 3 What is a ketogenic diet?
- 4 What does a ketogenic diet look like?
- 5 What would be a sample ketogenic diet meal?
- 6 What is the difference between the keto diet and Whole 30?
- 7 What benefits do you get from ketones?
- 8 What research is being done on ketones?
- 9 How can I increase ketone levels in my body?
- 10 What is the best ketone supplement?
- 11 What is my personal motivation for taking KETO/OS?
- 12 What are the ingredients in Prüvit KETO//OS?
- 13 Is there a KETO//OS Diet Plan?
- 14 I don’t have a lot of time. What exactly do I need to do?
- 15 Are there any special ways I can mix mine?
- 16 Is it safe to drink KETO//OS while pregnant or nursing?
- 17 Are there any side-effects of taking KETO//OS?
- 18 Is KETO//OS a weight loss supplement?
- 19 What are the benefits of KETO//OS?
- 20 How much does KETO//OS cost?
- 21 What other products do they offer?
- 22 Which doctors back up Prüvit?
- 23 How do I know if I am in ketosis?
- 24 Is it possible to take too many ketones?
- 25 Does Prüvit have a money back guarantee?
- 26 Is Prüvit KETO//OS the same as raspberry ketones?
- 27 It is just too expensive. What can I do?
- 28 What other articles do you have on health and recipes for healthy eating?
- 29 In conclusion, why try Prüvit Ketones?
What do you do to stay healthy?
Are you eating organic foods and exercising? Do you make sure that you eat whole foods that are non-GMO? Are you interested in releasing heavy metals from your system?
All of these questions are on my mind in between chasing around my three little boys.
And of course weight loss too! I really want to knock out that last 20 pounds of baby number three!
In my quest to get healthy, I have been researching various ways to burn fat.
That’s when I came across a powerful macronutrient called ketones.
Why is it so special? It helps your body burn fat rather than carbohydrates. This is something that I am definitely interested in!
So I started taking Keto OS and then I wrote this ketone supplement review.
What are exogenous ketones?
Have you ever wondered what are exogenous ketones?
Let’s start with the word exogenous which is something that is created from external factors. In this case this means that these ketones are made by scientists and then eaten to accelerate ketosis.
Your body produces ketones organically when you experience starvation or you eat a diet that restricts carbohydrates and increase your intake of fats.
The ketones are used as a fuel source for your body and for your brain. And many consider ketones to be the “secret” weapon for accelerated weight loss.
While most of our ears perk when we hear about accelerated fat loss, ketones are now being studied for other benefits like gut health, athletic performance, and recovery from brain trauma.
Ketone supplements are exogenous ketones.
What is Ketosis?
Ketosis is a metabolic process whereby stored fats are broken down for energy rather than glucose. Glucose is the preferred fuel because our diets are carbohydrate rich and it is easy to get it from the liver and muscles.
When the body burns fats rather than glucose, there are three bi-products B-hydroxybutyrate (BHB), acetoacetate (ACA), and acetone. These are ketones. They are made naturally in the body during ketosis when carbohydrates are severely restricted
When you consume a low carbohydrate diet the body needs a food source and choses fat. The liver breaks it down and releases ketones in the body for energy.
When the body functions on ketosis the following happens:
- Body fat breakdown is increased.
- Muscle loss is reduced.
- Energy levels are maintained.
- Water retention is eliminated.
The problem for most people is that it is very hard to maintain a diet that severely restricts carbohydrates for an extended period of time.
That is why many people are now interested in taking exogenous ketones. They allow you to skip the diet and may give you the same benefits.
What is a ketogenic diet?
In a nutshell, ketogenic diets encourage you to eat whole and unprocessed foods with an emphasis on eating a moderate amount of protein and natural fats. You are restricted to almost no carbohydrates unless it is a non-starchy vegetable. Yes, non-starchy vegetables are carbohydrates too, but those are ok.
In the standard American diet, carbohydrates make up about 40 to 60% of calories whereas a ketogenic diet keeps carbohydrate intake to about 2-4% of calories. The theory is that when your carb intake is low and your protein and fat intake is higher then you are more satiated.
The diet lowers blood sugar and insulin levels. It also alters your metabolic pathway whereby your body burns more fat.
When you burn more fat, ketones are created and the body uses them as fuel. This is called “nutritional ketosis”.
There are several medical conditions in which this diet is particularly encouraged.
Research on treating cancer with a keto diet is promising. The main idea is to starve the cancer cells of glucose and other fuels they need to survive. The diet also helps support normal mitochondrial respiration processes in healthy tissues. It is also important to note that this kind of treatment is non-toxic to the rest of the body.
Currently, the ADA states that a high intake of carbohydrates in your diet when you have diabetes is detrimental as it causes blood sugar spikes and then your body to crash. Some people have been able to lower their insulin doses by following this diet.
Ketones help support brain function and thus restores memory and the ability to think clearly. This diet may help people avoid medication for dementia or cognitive issues through diet.
This problem arises from chronically high blood sugar and insulin. A low carb, high fat diet is often treatment, for this issue.
Many people have successfully reduced their cardiac risk factors by keeping their blood sugar and insulin-regulated through diet. A high fat and low carb diet make triglycerides fall dramatically and HDL cholesterol to go up.
New research is showing that many autism symptoms are reduced on a keto diet.
Recent studies have shown that ketone bodies protect the nervous system and slow the progression of nerve-related diseases.
People who change to a keto diet report relief from acid reflux and chronic heartburn.
Bottom line is that a ketogenic diet can be a powerful remedy for treating many different sicknesses. If followed well, it can correct metabolic function at the cellular level. You should check with your doctor to make sure that this diet is appropriate for you.
The difficulty for most people is staying on this diet and not cheating. This is where ketone supplements like KETO//OS is useful. You can flood your body by drinking ketone supplements.
If you are super excited to get started click here to purchase them now!
(Please refer to the next section for a list of possible benefits from taking ketones with links to research and articles.)
What does a ketogenic diet look like?
The main ideas behind this diet is to teach your body to use ketones for fuel rather than glucose (sugar). Carbohydrates are much easier for your body to use for fuel and given the choice will use that for fuel first. During this diet, you deny your body carbohydrates to force it into transitioning to fat for fuel. When this happens you have achieved ketosis.
- You track your carbohydrate intake and try to only consume 20 to 60 grams per day.
- Protein intake depends on height, gender, and the amount of daily exercise. Visit this page to calculate your necessary protein consumption.
- You want to consume about 70-75% of your calories from fat, 20-25% from protein, and 5-10% from carbohydrates.
Please keep in mind that I am not a nutritionist or a doctor. The information provided is what I have gleaned from my own research. When trying this diet please see a medical professional for the best plan for you.
For me personally, the diet is too complicated and restrictive. That is why I am eating healthy and taking Keto OS supplements from Pruvit.
What would be a sample ketogenic diet meal?
Chicken with Creamy Greens
- 1 lb. of chicken. Thighs or breasts with the skin on.
- 2 tbsp. of coconut oil
- 1 cup cream
- 1 tsp. herbs of choice (rosemary, basil, basil, your preference)
- 2 cups of leafy greens (spinach, kale, arugula, etc.)
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 2 tbsp. coconut flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic.
Preheat your skillet with 2 tbsp. of coconut oil. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and brown it in the skillet. Continue cooking until it is cooked all the way through.
While the chicken is cooking you can make the sauce. Melt the butter in a sauce pan. Once it is melted add the coconut flour and whisk it thoroughly. It will make a thick paste. Add the cream and mix that until it thickens.
To prepare the greens, melt another tablespoon of coconut oil and sauté one chopped onion until they are caramelized. Add the greens. Add the cream sauce.
Serve the chicken over the creamed greens.
What is the difference between the keto diet and Whole 30?
The main difference is the amount of carbs that you consume. Carbs convert into glucose (sugar) in your body.
Whole 30 allows for a much greater intake of carbohydrates and allows you to eat fruit and some starchy vegetables, like pumpkin and squash. Both of these convert into sugar in your body and thus impede the production of ketones.
Here is a link to foods allowed on Whole 30.
Click here if you want to see a list of foods allowed on a keto diet.
There is also much more scientific research on ketones and their effect on the body. Please see the section of this blog post on just some of the research.
What benefits do you get from ketones?
Ketones Stimulate Fat Loss
People looking to lose weight like to take ketone dietary supplements because it gives them a bit more flexibility in what they can eat in a strict Ketogenic diet. If you fall off the wagon and consume too many carbs, ketone supplements may help you stay in nutritional ketosis.
The brand that I prefer is KETO/OS.
Increased Athletic Performance
Many athletes are taking ketones to enhance their athletic performance naturally.
Dr. Dominic D’Agostino, an Assistant Professor at the University of South Florida College of Medicine, Molecular Pharmacology and Physiology, proposed that Navy Seals could benefit from taking exogenous ketones while training underwater.
While developing and testing metabolic therapies, including ketogenic agents for neurological disorders, cancers, and wound healing he discovered that ketones can help the brain maintain metabolic integrity. As Navy Seals divers use respirators that can cause oxygen toxicity to the brain and in turn cause seizures he proposed that they would benefit from taking ketone supplements. As the ketones help maintain metabolic integrity this prevents the formation of free radicals forming from mitochondria and later neurological failure.
Dr. Peter Attia also studied exogenous ketones and found that they improve stamina for prolonged physical activity.
Ketones have been positively associated with the treatment of:
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Mood Stabilization
- Improved Cholesterol Levels
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Memory and Cognitive Function
Here is a talk by Dr. D’agostina on TED Talks about starving cancer with ketones.
What research is being done on ketones?
- This study is about seizure reduction after MCT (medium-chain triglycerides) supplementation.
- This study looked at the effects of exogenous ketone supplementation on blood ketone, lipoprotein levels, glucose, triglycerides in rats. The study demonstrates the efficacy of ketone supplements in creating nutritional ketosis independent of dietary restriction.
- Here is a study looking at a ketogenic diet with calorie restriction and hyperbaric treatment for cancer.
- USF researchers develop novel ketone supplements to enhance non-toxic cancer therapy
How can I increase ketone levels in my body?
Up until recently the only way to do this was to follow a very strict low carbohydrate diet called the ketogenic diet. Now it is possible to achieve the state of ketosis with ketone supplements like Keto-OS.
What is the best ketone supplement?
My person favorite are from KETO//OS. This stands for “Keto Operation System”
You can buy it in powder form, “Charged” and “Caffeine Free” in both orange and chocolate (which is vegan).
If you are interested in have a “ketone experience” click here to order a 5 day supply.
The ingredients are:
MCT Powder, Beta Hydroxybutyrate, Natural Flavor, Malic Acid, Stevia and Caffeine. Orange flavor contains milk ingredients. Chocolate is vegan. Both are gluten free.
What is my personal motivation for taking KETO/OS?
I’ll be frank, my biggest personal motivation is to loose my last 20 pounds of baby weight. My littlest is just over 2 years old. I’m in my early 40s now and weight loss is becoming harder and harder. I feel like I need all the help that I can get.
I also recently discovered that I have candida overgrowth which was causing me a variety of symptoms like headaches, rashes, eczema, chemical sensitivity, food allergies, and sensitivity to my jewelry.
As ketone supplements may help to restore gut health, I am hoping that by taking them I can get rid of candida overgrowth for good!
Who is Prüvit?
Prüvit is the company behind KETO//OS, an exogenous ketone supplement company. Their goal is to improve health and well-being capitalizing on the metabolic process called ketosis.
You can consult their FAQ here.
Where can I buy ketones like Prüvit?
You can buy Prüvit ketones from a Promoter, like me! Click here to make your purchase today.
You can sign up for Smartship and get an automatic shipment every 30 days and get a discount for doing so.
There is also a refer-a-friend program when you sign up to be a KETO//OS Promoter. You can earn points to reduce your cost of the product.
What are the ingredients in Prüvit KETO//OS?
KETO//OS Version 2.1 Orange Dream
KETO//OS Version 3.0 Chocolate Swirl
This comes in a caffeinated and decaf version.
KETO//OS Bio Max
You can purchase this in decaf or caffeinated.
Is there a KETO//OS Diet Plan?
The ketogenic diet is very strict and not easy for most people to follow for a sustained period of time. Until the recent past, sticking to this strict diet was the only way to bring your body into a state of ketosis and benefit from it.
Essentially there is not a special diet to follow while taking KETO//OS. I would, however, encourage you to eat a healthy whole foods diet.
The supplement blends BHB ketones with medium chain fatty acids to allow you to benefit from ketosis without following a stick ketogenic diet. You can take these ketogenic diet supplements in lieu of torturing yourself with a ton of tough dietary food restrictions.
Please keep in mind that these supplements are not a magic pill. If you eat a ton of crap you probably won’t see results.
I don’t have a lot of time. What exactly do I need to do?
It is so easy and will take you less than 1 minute to prepare.
- Buy KETO//OS.
- Open the package.
- Mix it in water.
- Drink it.
Are there any special ways I can mix mine?
Many people have come up with great recipes for drinking their KETO//OS.
I like drinking my Chocolate Swirl like this by mixing the following ingredients in my Blendtec.
- A handful of ice.
- 1 package of Keto//OS Version 3.0 Chocolate Swirl.
- The juice of one lime.
- 4 fresh mint leaves.
- 1/4 cup of coconut milk.
- 6 ounces of bubbly lime water. (I buy it from Trader Joes.)
Is it safe to drink KETO//OS while pregnant or nursing?
Personally, I have been drinking them while nursing my little one.
According to Prüvit, KETO//OS it is safe to take this while pregnant or nursing. They do recommend that you purchase the decaf version and that you drink plenty of water. Ketones exist naturally in the body and those used in their supplements are exogenous, but they have the same benefits.
It is always best to consult your health provider before taking any new supplement.
Are there any side-effects of taking KETO//OS?
- Some people do not like the taste. There are ways to make it taste better by mixing it will fresh squeezed fruit juices.
- GI Tolerance. Some people with sensitive or damaged guts might experience gut issues taking the supplements. They might cause diarrhea, upset stomach, and/or flatulence. Discontinue use or reduce daily intake when necessary.
- Type 1 and type 2 diabetics should consult a doctor before using them as they can alter blood sugar levels.
- It can cause you to urinate more frequently. Drink plenty of water as flushing your body is beneficial.
CAUTION: As with any new supplement, consult with your physician before using. If you are using any prescription or over-the-counter medicines, are unaware of your current medical condition, have any pre-existing medical condition(s), have hypersensitivity to salt or have any risk of kidney stones, consult with your physician before using this product. Build up to a full serving slowly to avoid gastro-intestinal discomfort.
Is KETO//OS a weight loss supplement?
No, it is not a weight loss supplement. As mentioned above ingesting exogenous ketones might give you many benefits including weight loss, but that is not its sole purpose.
Exogenous ketones may help your body reach ketosis, a process when our bodies burn fat rather than carbs.
Its use does not require a special diet or fasting. However healthy eating is encouraged. If you eat lots and lots of sugar and crap you will probably not see much results.
This is not a short cut or a quick fix. You need to be willing to eat right. It is a lifestyle of healthy eating and taking care of your body.
What are the benefits of KETO//OS?
- They stimulate fat loss without muscle loss.
- They increase muscle preservation and focus.
- They reduce brain fog and promote relaxation.
- They improve strength and may boost stamina.
- They promote a better mood, deeper sleep, and cleaner digestion.
- They cause primal body function.
- They will NOT promote lipogenesis.
- They enhance physical performance.
- They promote high nitrogen retention and protein synthesis.
- They provide elevated and sustained high energy ketones.
- They promote sustained energetics, thermogenesis, and enhanced neurological efficiency.
- They promote re-balancing of yeast in gut (candida)
- They help with appetite suppression and enhanced muscle tone.
- They may reduce frustration and stress.
- They might temporarily reduce absentmindedness.
- They may help provide relief from stress, such as occasional simple tension, nervousness due to fatigue, and gently soothe away tension.
- Science suggests elevated ketones may reduce free radicals.
- Higher levels of ketones may temporarily reduce stiffness, stabilize the body during seasonal changes, increase lipolysis for energy substrate utilization, and strengthen and support cartilage and joint function.
- Science suggests that elevated ketones may help maintain healthy levels of cholesterol.
- They may help with mild memory loss due to aging.
- They help to reduce mood swings.
- Elevated ketone levels may help provide minor pain relief.
- Science suggests that elevated ketones may increase TCA cycle efficiency and ATP production.
- They may help maintain cardiovascular function and a healthy circulatory system.
- Elevated ketones may assist in improving the pattern of LDL cholesterol and increase HDL, good cholesterol.
- Science suggests that they may assist in cognitive improvement, improve insulin insensitivity, cellular health and longevity.
- They may help to promote clearer skin.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease.
How much does KETO//OS cost?
15 servings $85
30 servings $160
It comes in Chocolate Swirl ketones or Orange Dream ketones
Both comes either charged (with caffeine) or without caffeine.
You can receive discounts by enrolling in Smartship. This will automatically send you product monthly.
What other products do they offer?
KETO//OS ® (Ketone Operating System) Bio Max
- 20 servings $130
- INGREDIENTS: Beta Hydroxybutyrate (Patent Pending), Erythritol, L-Taurine, Fermented L-Leucine, Natural Flavor, Malic Acid, Citric Acid, Stevia, Xanthan Gum, Caffeine‡. Dairy Free; Gluten Free.
- ‡ Caffeine equal to an average cup of coffee.
Why would you want to drink this?
This drink gives you a burst of ketones which promote cellular rejuvenation, longevity, and energy. If you are an elite athlete you might see a boost in your performance and recovery. And if you just want to get more healthy this drink is for you.
- 20 servings $74
- 60 servings $197
This is a proprietary blend containing coconut butter, ceylon cinnamon, stevia, and medium chain triglycerides (MCTS)
MCTs are a kind of dietary fats that are actually good for you. In particular it’s a blend of C8 and C10 which are made to quickly convert to ketones.
Why take this instead of making your own?
All you have to do is make your coffee and mix it in!
Normally you would have to make a pot of coffee and get out your blender and mix in your own cinnamon, grass fed butter, and coconut oil. You’ve just used two machines that you have to clean and taken a lot of time.
Keto/Kreme makes all of this a bit easier.
Which doctors back up Prüvit?
- Dr. Dominic D’Agostino. He is an associate professor in the Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Physiology at the University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine. He is also a visiting Senior Research Scientist at the Institute for Human and Machine Cognition.
- Dr. Ken Ford is Founder and Chief Executive Officer of the Florida Institute for Human & Machine Cognition.
- Ryan Lowery is a Keto Scientist and Specialist at the University of Tampa.
- Dr. Jacob Wilson, Ph.D is a Skeletal Muscle Physiologist.
- Dr. Angela Poff, PHD is a research associate at USF, Morsani College of Medicine
- Dr. Mary Newport is the author of “Alzheimer’s Disease: What if there was cure?”
How do I know if I am in ketosis?
You can purchase a simple urine test 30 minutes after you take Keto-OS to show that you have elevated ketones in your body.
Or you could use a blood test from a glucometer with ketone strips to get the most accurate reading of ketones in your body.
Here is a link with directions on how to do a test.
Is it possible to take too many ketones?
It would be difficult as they are water soluble and any excess would leave your body when you urinate.
Does Prüvit have a money back guarantee?
They offer a 90 day 100% money back guarantee for all customers. For exact details and instructions on how to get a money back guarantee, click here.
Is Prüvit KETO//OS the same as raspberry ketones?
No. Raspberry ketone is derived from raspberries, blackberries, and cranberries. It actually does not contain any ketones. They are what give raspberries, blackberries, and cranberries their sweet scent and flavor. The current ones on the market are mostly synthetically made as it would be very expensive to make natural ones into supplements.
It is just too expensive. What can I do?
I get it. We are all on a budget. So here are a few things to think about.
- You pay for your health now or you pay for it later. Is there are weekly restaurant meal that you can cut out?
- What does your Starbucks habit look like? Personally, I would pick this over Starbucks, but that is just me.
- Drink a morning coffee that you make at home. Add 1 tablespoon of organic, grass fed butter and 1 tablespoon of organic coconut oil to it. Blend in a blender.
- Sign up as a promoter for Prüvit and earn money to pay for your monthly supply.
- Sign up for a monthly, auto ship and save some money.
- Don’t take the supplement at all and follow a ketogenic diet to the best of your ability.
If you think you can make it work I am happy to send you a 5 day supply for only $25. Just click here to get your order started.
What other articles do you have on health and recipes for healthy eating?
I am a big believer in you are what you eat. In my opinion, you just can’t trust the makers of processed food. The best bet you have for great health is to eat healthy whole organic foods, exercise, and take natural supplements to support your body.
Check out these articles that I have written:
- The best way to protect your health is to cook fresh meals. Cooking from scratch is the single most important thing we can do to take care of ourselves.
- Did you know that juicing can flood your body with micronutrients? And you can make fresh juice and add ketones to it.
- Green juice is full of micronutrients your body will love. Read more.
- Nine reasons to make healthy bone broth. Click here to find out what they are.
- Healthy Flour. Does it exist and where can you get it? If you are buying GMO flour did you know that it is treated with Round Up to keep off the pests after it is harvested? That’s why I will only buy organic flour. This article is about a farm in Illinois that grows organic wheat. You can buy their products on Amazon.
- Looking for the best slow juicer? Check out the SKG New Generation.
In conclusion, why try Prüvit Ketones?
They can help you more easily maintain your weight should you choose not to follow a strict diet. It is highly recommended that you eat as healthy as possible every day but we all have those times when we fall off the wagon.
Normally to enter the state of ketosis you had to eat a very strict diet called the Ketogenic diet. This diet recommends a moderate amount of proteins, high fat, at extremely low carbohydrates. For many, it is a very hard diet to maintain.
If you are an athlete ketones will help you achieve better athletic performance.
Some studies suggest that ketones can help lesson or reserve brain trauma and/or neurological problems.
They also help with increased energy, mental focus, promoting healthy sleep, radiant skin, and improved digestion.
Prüvit ketones can help you achieve these goals. It is not a meal replacement, but rather a fuel source for the body. With it, you can achieve Ketosis even if you are not following a ketogenic diet.
*I am an Independent Prüvit Promoter that also uses KETO//OS. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. KETO-OS is not a weight loss product and results will vary depending on use, diet, and exercise.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Prüvit products are not intended to diagnose prevent treat or cure any disease. If you are under medical supervision for any allergy, disease, taking prescription medications or you are breastfeeding contact your medical provider before adding any new supplements to your daily regimen.